What To Do About Dirty Roaches In Your Holly Springs Home
November 15, 2022
Dirty roaches can be a nightmare for any homeowner in Holly Springs. Not only are they unsightly, but they can also trigger allergies and spread dangerous diseases. If you have a roach infestation in your home, don't worry; the Holly Springs pest control pros at Ready Pest Solutions are here to help. We'll walk you through the different types of roaches that infest Holly Springs homes, explain why they're so dangerous, and give you our best tips on how to deter cockroaches from your home.
Types Of Roaches That Infest Holly Springs Homes
Several types of cockroaches infest Holly Springs homes, and some of the most common are German cockroaches, American cockroaches, and Oriental cockroaches:
- German cockroaches are the most common type of roach found in Holly Springs homes. They're small, brown, and have two dark stripes running down their backs. German cockroaches are attracted to food and moisture, so they're often found in kitchens and bathrooms.
- American cockroaches are much larger than German cockroaches, and they're reddish-brown in color. American cockroaches are typically found in basements, crawl spaces, and other dark, damp areas of the home.
- Oriental cockroaches are black or dark brown, and they're often mistaken for waterbugs. Oriental cockroaches are attracted to decaying organic matter, so they're often found in garbage cans or other places where food is present.
All of these cockroaches are dangerous, but German and American cockroaches are the most likely to trigger allergies and spread disease. If you have any of these roaches in your home, it's important to call a professional cockroach pest control company like Ready Pest Solutions right away.
Cockroaches Trigger Allergies And Spread Dangerous Diseases
Cockroaches are considered dangerous pests in Holly Springs for good reason: they're dirty, they smell bad, and they can trigger allergies and spread disease. Cockroaches release an allergen called cockroach dust, which can cause asthma and other respiratory problems in sensitive people. In addition, cockroaches can spread bacteria like salmonella and E. coli by contaminating food or surfaces in the home.
If you notice any signs of a cockroach infestation in your home, it's time to take action to remove them. The longer you wait, the more damage cockroaches will do and the greater the risk of you and your family getting sick.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Roaches In Your House
If you have roaches in your home, the best way to get rid of the entire infestation at the source is with a professional cockroach exterminator in Holly Springs like Ready Pest Solutions. Our experienced technicians will inspect your home, identify the source of the infestation, and develop a customized treatment plan to get rid of the roaches and prevent them from coming back.
Five Simple Tips To Prevent Roaches In The Future
There are a few things you can do to prevent roaches in the future:
- Keep your home clean. Vacuum regularly and wipe down surfaces to remove food and water sources that attract roaches.
- Store food properly. Store food in airtight containers and keep your garbage cans clean.
- Eliminate moisture. Fix leaky pipes and keep your home well ventilated to reduce the amount of moisture that cockroaches need to survive.
- Keep your home free of clutter. Cockroaches love to hide in dark, cluttered areas. Keep your home clean and tidy to make it less inviting for roaches.
- Call a professional. The best way to prevent cockroaches is to call a professional like Ready Pest Solutions for regular pest control services.
If you have any questions about cockroach control, or if you need help getting rid of roaches , call Ready Pest Solutions today. We have more than 25 years of experience helping Holly Springs homeowners get rid of pests, and we know how to get rid of cockroaches for good with our effective residential and commercial pest control services in Holly Springs.